Friday, March 2, 2012

The Big O

I confessed I had my biggest O last night!  Not that O you silly haha!  I am actually referring to these humongous oranges my dad brought home.

 
I have never seen an orange this big.  Look at it's size...almost the size of my palm.


 When you slice it in half, all you get is this delicious, juicy, and sweet flesh.


I cut it into smaller pieces so i can easily eat it.


So much for my midnight snack....I felt so full that I thought I couldn't finished it. But that's just a thought lol! 


Orange is an excellent source of vitamin C, so load up and protect yourself from cold and flu.  It is low in calories, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol, but is rich in dietary fiber, which is very effective in persons with excess body weight.  It also contains a very good amount of minerals like potassium and calcium that helps control heart rate and blood pressure.  I say, an orange a day keeps the doctor away!

No comments:

Post a Comment