Thursday, May 17, 2012

Knuckle Knockout

One busy busy day, fiance and I found ourselves in gateway mall around lunchtime.  I told him I would take him on a lunch date to one of my must try resto in Manila.  I took him to Cafe Adriatico for some savory dishes.


Cafe Adriatico is a part of the LJC restaurant group.  It serves a full menu of Spanish-Mediterranean and Filipino dishes and a variety of light options such as salads, sandwiches, omelettes, and fondues.

On the table

  • Prawn crackers
Deliciously hot and crispy shrimp crackers

  • Knockout pork knuckle
aka crispy pata, a whole leg of pork deep-fried in garlic and chilies.

I was eyeing on ordering Lola Ising’s pork adobo as I read it is one of their best sellers.  I wonder if it will surpass my own lola Ising’s adobo!  Yes, lola’s nickname is also Ising.  Looking at their extensive menu, fiance couldn’t choose what he wanted to eat.  He suggested we order crispy pata but told me he couldn’t finish it on his own.  He kept insisting we just order the crispy pata and order whatever dessert I want .  Hesitant but then I gave in...masunurin naman ako at giving lol!

I could give him a thousand kisses for insisting that we order crispy pata, as it is the BEST CRISPY PATA I tasted my whole life!  Huge serving, super crunchy skin, soft and tasty meat with a hint of spicyness.  I have nothing but praises for this new found love.

  • Suman sa Lihiya with Salabat
Sweet sticky rice with coconut jam.  I like the softness and sweetness of it.
 
The ginger tea is very soothing and is very suitable after such a heavy meal. 


My foodtrip buddy of the day munching on some prawn crackers.

I would definitely brave Cubao traffic again to get a taste of Cafe Adriatico’s Crispy Pata! 


CAFE ADRIATICO
Ground floor of Gateway Mall, Araneta Center, Quezon City
(02) 913-8736

1 comment: