Tuesday, October 2, 2012

You had me at FIRST BITE

Shobe and Pacoy were raving about this newly opened restaurant in Banawe that is owned by their friend.  They kept saying, "Achi, panalo ang chicken dun!"  So after doing some wedding errands, we headed straight to Sincere in Banawe at 9:00 pm for a very late dinner.  But to our dismay, the restaurant was already closed.  Shobe insisted she called and that they told her they close at 10 pm.  Lucky us they still accommodated us and immediately ushered us in our table.

Grabbed from openrice.com
  
Sincerity (Sincere is what they call their Banawe branch) is a family business opened as far back as 1950s so they are an institution in the food industry.  They currently have three branches.  One in Binondo, another one in Little Baguio San Juan, and the latest is their Banawe branch.  Upon entering the resto, there are different sizes of displayed buddhas welcoming you, as in Chinese culture they believe this will bring good luck and good fortune to the establishment.  The restaurant has a well-lit ambiance with colorful plastic tables and chairs.  I was also delighted to see that the plates they use are the same ones we had at home when my lolo is still alive.  Sadly though I forgot to take a pic.  It's the one with a gold rim and a lady in the middle.  Nostalgia!

I let shobe and Pacoy ordered for us as they seem to know what's best to order.

On the table

  • Sincerity Fried Chicken

Sincerely one of the best fried chicken I tasted!  At first look, it is just a plain fried chicken but as I had my first bite...OMG!!! It's tender, juicy, crunchy and bursting with flavors.  It's citrusy, garlicky, peppery with a hint of sweetness.  It doesn't need any condiments at all as it is so delicious unto itself.  I swear I could finish a whole order of this!  I love that it's unpretentious, deceiving at first look, but as they say don't judge the book coz you're not a judge! haha.

  • Sincerity Fried Rice

Fried rice with egg and chorizo sprinkled with spring onions.

  • Sincerity Kikiam

The kikiam did not disappoint as well.  It is indeed very tasty, loaded with pork meat and served with gravy sauce on the side.

  • Oyster cake

A mix of fresh, succulent oysters done in omelet style with chopped spring onions.

  • Pork Siomai

  • Black gulaman

I wanted to kick myself for not discovering it earlier but nevertheless it's not too late as I will surely frequent the place more often to get a taste of that chicken.  I now know why Sincerity has been in the food industry for a very long time.  You can never go wrong serving excellent food with very good prices.


SINCERITY RESTAURANT
549 Banawe corner Samal Street, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment