Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gravitaphobia

A month from now we will be having our size measurement for my sister's wedding.  Imagine how I freaked out when my sister told me this.  How in the world can I lose 10 pounds and at least 2 inches off my waist in a month!  Holy Molly!  I got flabby arms and thunder thighs and my protruding abdomen, which I inherited from my mom.  I like to think this as inherited since my mom, my aunts, and my lola all have huge bellies but the truth is we eat the same thing! Excuses excuses excuses!

I don't even recall the last time I measured myself up because I'm afraid of weighing scale and tape measure.  When I buy clothes, I automatically get the small or medium size, 28-29 jeans. Well, at least my feet is still a size 7 haha!

Image grabbed from web

I miss the old me.  The one that never gets fat no matter what and how much food I stuff my mouth.  I miss binge eating.

Image grabbed from web

I miss eating three cups of rice with my lola's pork adobo and biko as my dessert and never worry about gaining a pound, but then somewhere along the road my hormones messed up and my metabolism changed.

Image grabbed from web

At this moment, I think I'm on stage 3 moving fast to stage 4 unless I could control my appetite. 

But then as I was surfing the net searching for diets and exercises I could do I found this....

Image grabbed from web

I cheered up.  What's written here is true.  My weight does not define how lovable and cute and witty and humble I am. Hahahaha!  My weight does not define how reliable and kind I am as a friend.  My weight does not define how responsible and obedient I am as a daughter.  My weight does not define how caring and sweet I am as a girlfriend.  My weight should never take over my self confidence and happiness.

It does not matter if I have a bulging stomach or a double chin or saggy arms, it does not define how YUMMY I am and how God loves me just the way I am.  It's not what's on the outside that counts, it's the inside that matters most.  Just eat in moderation and take care of yourself by developing a healthy lifestyle.

May you be slim or on the heavier side, we are all beautiful, well maybe not to those judgmental freaks, but in the eyes of God we are all created beautifully :)

1 comment: