Monday, January 2, 2012

Fried foods...Secret to a long life :P

Let me start off by greeting everyone a Very Happy New Year!  For sure, many of us by now are on a diet mode or trying different ways on how to drop those extra poundSSS we gained during the holiday season.  Let me share with you the food I devour that made me gain, I think about 10-15 pounds and add up 2-3 inches to my waistline haha!

First, Izakaya Nihonbashitei
Photo grabbed from OpenRice.com

It was my birthday month and I was looking for a restaurant to dine in with my college friends.  I was craving for some tempura so that night was all about Japanese food.  There were a lot of Japanese people dining there too, I figured maybe they really serve authentic Jap food.

  • Ebi Tempura
 
The prawns are huge!  I shared it with Suzet.  Thank God my friend, Len, is allergic to shrimp and Suzet only ate a piece so I got most of it all to myself haha!

  • Gyoza
I also ordered this gyoza for the three of us to share.  The gyoza had a generous meat filling and tasted really good.  Even ordered another one to go for my mama love :)

  •   Sushi platter
 Dra. Len had this plateful and colorful sushi.

  • Katsudon
Serving was huge!  Very tasty as well.

  • Beef gyudon
Suzet chose beef gyudon.  The bowl was packed with this delicious mildly sweet beef loin.  I'll order this next time. 

All in all, the place is worth a visit.  Good food that wouldn't burn a hole in your pocket.  So for Nihonbashitei, all I could sing is...

"I got a feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good good night

Fill up my cup
Mazeltov
Look at her dancing
just take it off
Lets paint the town
We’ll shut it down
Let’s burn the roof
and then WE'LL DO IT AGAIN

Let's do it and do it and do it 
and do it and do it
and do it and do it and live it up 
and do it, do it." 



IZAKAYA NIHONBASHITEI
M. Adriatico Street, Malate, Manila across Hyatt Hotel

8 comments:

  1. wow sarap naman nyan kars! make me crave for japanese food! :)
    Where is that japanese resto?
    Congrats for starting a blog about your food trips and looking forward for more entries from you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we ordered ebi tempura. The prawns are huge! I shared it with Suzet. Thank God my friend, Len, is allergic to shrimp and Suzet only ate a piece so I got most of it all to myself haha!

    ====senyales ng katakawan! hahaha! -pipai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haller doc aimee! will post the address teka nangangapa pa hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ganun talaga pai pag blogger in short matakaw! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fried foods = hypercholesterolemia = LIPITOR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will testify that this japanese restaurant is really serving authentic japanese food and their menu is also written in japanese...haha..even my uncle from the states was surprised seeing the tempura because it is really made with fresh tiger prawns..i just ate one that night but surely that piece was heaven for me..and of course i let the bday celebrant ate a bunch (karen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! zet! glad you visited :) visit always. Let's bring si-chiak there when he comes home

      Delete