Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My INSTANT friend

Last Saturday, I woke up past 12 noon.  Got up, wash my face, brush my teeth, feed my dog (Moxie).  I opened the fridge and found no food, not even leftover from last night’s dinner. Then the freezer, there’s a frozen chicken, frozen pork ribs, frozen fish, frozen hotdog...hhmmm... NO WAY! I JUST HAD THAT LAST NIGHT FOR MIDSNACK!  Too lazy to cook, I thought about just buying porksilog across the street.  Then I realized something.....

 

Mama brought home a plastic bag full of instant noodles a couple of nights ago.  So that's my lunch that day.... my EVER RELIABLE INSTANT FRIEND :) Chinese instant noodles in satay flavor with a piece of pork steak I found at the table, which is supposed to be Moxie's lunch hehehe.

I love instant noodles.  It’s tasty, it’s easy to cook and  it’s cheap... so much cheaper than buying porksilog lol!  I can't even remember how long our friendship is.  All I remember is how our friendship started.

BEFORE:
Mama:  Late na ko nagising...noodles nalang almusal mo ha.
Me:  Ok :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mama:  Ang dami kong ginawa...pancit canton nalang lunch natin ha.
Me:   Ok....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mama:  Tinamad akong magluto, magpancit canton nalang tayo.
Me:  Ok :(

NOW:
Me:  Ma, late na ako nakauwi.  Ang hirap kasi sumakay ng lrt.  Pancit canton nalang tayo.
Mama:  Ok.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis (Boyfie):  Nagugutom ako, anong pagkain mo dyan?
Me:  Noodles.  Anong gusto mo pancit canton o may sabaw?

Other flavors of noodles I found inside the bag
  • Pickled vegetable flavor
  • Seafood flavor
  • Beef with chili flavor

But my favorite of them all.... Lucky Me! Pancit Canton chilimansi flavor

But then again, noodles are considered unhealthy.  A single serving of instant noodles is high in carbohydrates and fat, but low in fiber, vitamins and minerals.  Noodles are typically fried as part of the manufacturing process, resulting in high levels of saturated fat and/or trans fat.  Additionally, if served in an instant broth, instant noodles typically contain high amounts of sodium.  HYPERNATREMIA pala ito!  So my advice eat in moderation nyahahaha.

My friend, I hate that I love you so..... 

And I hate how much I love you, boy
I can't stand how much I need you
And I hate how much I love you, boy
But I just can't let you go
And I hate that I love you so

9 comments:

  1. Haller! Hypercholesterolemia ka na last time, hypernatremia naman ngayon.

    hypernatremia = LASIX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. doctor quack quack ikaw ba yan??? grabe naman pagbabantay mo sa food intake ko hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looovveeee instant noodles too! I know it is such an unhealthy food but instant noodles saved me from all those hungry nights and the hard question of..'what to eat?!' lol! Cheers to our instant reliable friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ano ang ibig sabihin ng moderation sa dictionary mo kars? eh parang araw araw kita nakikita kumakain nun! hahaha -pai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi kats! Thanks for visiting...we should not consume noodles on a regular basis sabi sa nabasa ko it takes 32 days to detoxicate liver after eating a packet of instant noodles and it cause reduced reproductive capacity daw! hahaha! deds tayo lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moderation not everyday, every other day lang bwahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. i enjoyed reading your post, kars... keep it up! - @nNi3

    ReplyDelete