Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sugar rush

For the longest time, I’ve wanted to try Chocolate Fire.  Whenever I checked their fan page in Facebook, I drool over the pictures of their chocolate creations.  I really want to have a slice of that darn chocolate cake!  Finally, the long wait is over.  When my friends and I, the yumyum monsters, that’s what we fondly call ourselves, set our Christmas get together we had it at Chocolate Fire.  I couldn’t contain my excitement as we walked towards the entrance of the establishment.  As we enter the place, i was in awe by their chocolate display at the counter from truffles, praline, ganache, different fruits dipped in chocolate, cakes, cookies, lollipops, barks, and a lot more mouth-watering chocolate creations.  I was surprised that they also have an extensive menu from appetizers, sandwiches, salad, pasta and many more.  The place exudes a romantic ambiance with bossa music playing in the background.  The interiors are warm with red and white hues and wooden pieces all throughout the place and of course the smell of chocolates....hhhmmmm... aphrodisiac!  It’s a perfect date place for chocolate lovers out there.

Now on to the food...the group decided to order snacks as we went there on merienda time. 
  • Beef tortellini
 
The pasta was just okay for me.  Nothing to rave about.  It lacks some omph in it.

  • Hungarian sausage with mashed potato
  
 The sausage was smoky and peppery but the mashed potato is bland.

Of course we ordered desserts that’s the whole point why we’re there. 
  • Dark iced chocolate drink
I chose dark iced chocolate with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream...SINFUL but HEAVENLY!  I enjoyed every sip of that chocolatey drink.

  • Strawberry sunrise
Doc aimee had this vanilla ice-cream with strawberries, wafers, marshmallows, and pure whipped cream drizzled with chocolate sauce.

  • Fire and ice sundae
Lars opted for fire and ice sundae, which composed of chocolate and vanilla ice-cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate curls, chopped nuts, and pure whipped cream.

  • Chocolate-covered strawberry and Chocolate-dipped Pringles
 
 
This is Cheng with her desserts

  • Chocolate cheesecake
Not satisfied yet, I ordered chocolate cheesecake.  First bite – BOOM!!!  I’m in love!  Every bite was HEAVEN!  All I could say was "ummmmhhh" and stared Doc aimee with wide eyes @_@

The verdict, I'll visit Chocolate Fire again in a heart beat for the DESSERTS.  Go eat somewhere else for lunch or dinner.  Their meals weren't that great.  Considering it's price, I expect something spectacular not mediocre, well at least from my experience.

But for this chocolate cheesecake that I miss every now and then... FIREWORKS!
Photo grabbed from theboxed.com
 Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, oh
You're gonna leave 'em falling down

CHOCOLATE FIRE
Ground Floor, PDCP Building, Rufino cor Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City

6 comments:

  1. I think you already know what my comment will be, but I'm still going to write it anyway. So here goes..

    DESSERTS = hyperglycemia = diabetes = metformin AND/OR insulin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doc quack quack please stop from diagnosing me. I will see you in 5 years promise hahaha

      Delete
  2. AND don't forget, badminton next week! A Road to a Healthier You! afterwards, BUFFET 101! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! namiss ko tuloy ang Chocolate Fire, want to try again that chocolate cheesecake! :D and syempre ung drink ko hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you drink? Hindi ba water lang niorder natin? hahaha

      Delete